What bothered me the most are the following:
- Those profiled were educated, skilled workers who know what it is like to live the American dream of a good job to support their family, home, car
- They collected unemployment for at least a couple of years
- Savings were depleted, some talked of having to go on food stamps
- One man was shown blowing leaves (if that's what it took)
- Ego bruised, ashamed and feeling of worthlessness
- One man took only half of his medication because of affordability
The good news is a program was started by one gentleman that helped approximately 60% of them to find work.
I would like to offer up a few thoughts for consideration in terms of Mindset and a business. I'll use the industry I am in as an example, the Telecommunications Industry. (Network Marketing)
- I was always taught to never put all of my eggs in one basket. Always have a Plan B (Mindset)
- If these facts were known, would they have been better outcomes
- Direct selling companies generated over $125 billion in revenue in 150 countries through more than 75 million men and women who are changing lives serving others.
- The direct selling business allows people to be retrained while they pursue something new. It gives people an opportunity when no one else will.
- To start up a business from home with the potential to make millions often cost less than $250.00
- My personal observation is that men are very successful in this business because they can wrap their minds around the technology in the Telecom, Energy and Text Marketing Essential Services. Women are exceptional also.
Cathy Wilson, 5LINX Independent Marketing Representative